Bournemouth Degree Show piece.

This is the outcome for the final work. All aspects worked very well considering I had to battle with the weights of the water bags. Used fixings at each of the smaller bags joining points- this restricted the movement of the bags down the central line.  I attached barton blocks to the ceiling – this was my anchor point to suspend the work away from walls.

As I completed the work, I pulled away from the more symmetrical aspect on each of the rope sides and attempted to create balance with opposing weights at different intervals. I wanted to have one side of the curve jarringly sharp contradicting the more sloped curve on the other side.

Advertisements

~ by kwallbanks on September 23, 2010.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

 
%d bloggers like this: